10 Small Steps To Improve Your Health
Many of us make health-related resolutions, such as to lose weight, stop smoking eat more vegetables or join the neighborhood health club. While it is common to set high goals, experts say that setting smaller goals could do more for our health.So we have crafted a list of 10 Small Steps To Improve Your Health. We
“Small steps are achievable and are easier to work into your daily routine,” says James O. Hill, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. “They are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change.”
Here are 10 small steps to improve your health to try:
1. Keep an eye on your weight and work on making sure you are not gaining extra pounds. Even if you gain just a pound or two every year, the extra weight adds up quickly.
2. Take more small steps. Use a pedometer to count your daily steps; then add 2,000, the equivalent of one extra mile. Keep adding steps, 1,000 to 2,000 each month or so, until you take 10,000 steps on most days.
3. Eat breakfast. Breakfast eaters tend to weigh less and have better diets overall. For a filling and nutrition-packed breakfast, make a smoothie with fresh fruit slices, microgreens and low-fat or fat-free milk.
4. Have at least one green salad every day. Eating a salad (with low-fat or fat-free dressing) is filling and may help you eat less during the meal. If you top that salad with micros you’ll have a fiesta in your mouth.
5. Trim the fat. Fat has a lot of calories, and calories count. Purchase lean meats, eat poultry without the skin, switch to lower-fat cheeses, use a nonstick pan with only a dab of oil or butter.
6. Subscribe to Vitality Farms subscription service and just have your Microgreens delivered, then you don’t have to worry about it.
7. Downsize. The smaller the bag, bottle or bowl, the less you will eat.
8. Lose just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight. The health benefits are huge lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
9. Try not to eat after 7 pm so your body has maximum time to enter ketosis.
10. Keep track of your eating. Write down what you eat over the next couple of days and look for problem spots. Often, just writing things down can help you eat less.