Amaranth microgreens have a mild, earthy flavor that complements both sweet and savory dishes, and they are commonly used as a garnish.Very easy to digest, Amaranth microgreens are available in different colors, from light green to pink or dark red. They are fragile shoots that enhances beautifully any meal with color and a light sweet taste.
$3.00 – $6.00
Amaranth microgreens have a mild, earthy flavor that complements both sweet and savory dishes, and they are commonly used as a garnish. Amaranth was cultivated by Aztecs and other cultures from tropical climates. It is actually an ancient kind of grain used in India. Very easy to digest, Amaranth microgreens are available in different colors, from light green to pink or dark red. They are fragile shoots that enhances beautifully any meal with color and a light sweet taste. Both leaves and seeds contains high complete protein amounts with vital amino acids, in contrast with other protein sources. Amaranth is gluten-free. Amaranth microgreens also contain vitamin A, C, E, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, dietary fiber, calcium, amino acids, antioxidants, minerals, and essential lysine.
Being extremely dense, amaranth is too heavy to be used by itself.It's best used with other grains so that it can improve the nutritional quality without changing the taste of whatever you're about to make.
Cooking amaranth can be fun because of its versatility. When prepared right, it can be a healthy substitute for cereals, or a popped snack similar to popcorn. It can also be added to stews and soups or be combined with other grains to improve the product's nutritional profile. Check out this recipe Amaranth Porridge
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AMARANTH:
- Activates digestion
- Helps in cancer treatment
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps in the treatment of cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Decreases hair loss and greying
- Helps metabolize fatty acids into energy
- Protects from Osteoporosis
- Works as an appetite suppressant
- Improves eyesight
- Improves recovery from illness
In addition to selling living microgreens to those of you in Lakeland, Florida, we are a seed dealer and we do have seed available for you, if you live in the US. We even provide grow kits, which we can easily ship so you can learn to grow this wonderful microgreen or you can send it to a family member as a gift.
- Red Garnet Amaranth Seeds: amaranthus (difficult genus)
- For Microgreens & baby salad greens, herb gardening & more
- Resealable Bag - High germination rates
- Days to Full Maturity: 100 -- Annual -- USDA Hardiness Zone: Annual Crop, Not Intended To Overwinter
- Our seed packets are intended for microgreen plantings and one packet in the appropriate seed density for one 5"x5" container (approximately)